Monday, April 25, 2011

Slacker

wgolden_weeds

Forgive me readers, for I have sinned.
I have failed to write a blog post for 13 days.
I admit it.  I am a slacker.

Or perhaps suffering from blog overload or burnout.
Whatever the cause I just couldn't do it.  I couldn't write another word or process another photo.
My camera sat idly on the shelf.
Rusting away in the salt air.
The end result  a of lack of interest.

By intentionally skipping a couple of days of blogging I unintentionally shut down the process entirely.
At times I thought I was done with it.
But I couldn't bring myself to completely sever the chord.
The Kid had begun to nag, at least it seemed so to me.
"What did my wife write today" he would ask?
It was an effort to motivate and nudge my complacent self off of the couch and away from the endless stream of Lifetime movies I was inhaling.
In my ears it was a reminder that I had failed.

And then, yesterday, Easter morning, the veil lifted ever so slightly.
I reacquainted myself with my camera.  (It was miffed by the rejection and my new found devotion to Lifetime movies, but we're cool now. Cameras are a forgiving breed.)
I fought through the cobwebs and located the password to Life in Color.  It still worked.
And then I wrote.

I think I'm over it.
Whatever it was.
It feels good to be back.

And Project 365...
I really screwed it up.
In fact you could say I failed.
I'll have to figure out what to do with that project.
But it will have to wait..

There's a movie on Lifetime that's calling my name.

3 comments:

Josh said...

I have had a bad case of withdrawal the last two weeks. I was about ready to send a search party out to look for you. Glad you emerged from your funk. Where else am I going to be able to lurk?

Marla Logan said...

Welcome Back!!! You have been MISSED!! Just so you know, the blog stalker in me really enjoys all you do. It is a fine thread of being able to stay in touch with you. I love the pictures you make! AND I throughly enjoy your writings! I'm glad you gave yourself time to sort it out, BUT sooo glad you are back!
Love Ya,
Marla

Anonymous said...

Bad girl! Only thing is, I didn't know you quit because I quit, too! Now I'm back, and I WILL notice if you quit again.