Thursday, November 15, 2012

Moving Day

Today is moving day.  After six days of marking time in transitional care the big day has finally arrived.  We received word yesterday morning that Mom will be transferred to our long term care facility of choice.  Do I hear an Amen?

At some point I will take a closer look at the past two weeks.  The highs and lows.  The anxiety.  The grief.  The guilt.  The fear.  I think it will be a healthy thing for me to do before putting this move to rest.  But for now I'm going to take a deep breath and get through today.

I will not be be posting much, if at all until we return to Florida.  My sister has the mother of all firewalls on her Internet and I can't access it with my lap top.  I have worked at the hospital some and used my Mom's old desk top but I can't figure out how to transfer photos.  I'm certain it can be done.  I guess my head's just not fully engaged right now.

In case I'm not here, have a blessed Thanksgiving.  And don't eat too much turkey.

1 comment:

Judy H. said...

Here is an Amen for you. Have a great Thanksgiving and a safe trip.