Monday, August 31, 2015

Eating is So Over Rated

wTrees_park

As summer winds its way into fall I find myself content to stay close to Little Red.

The Kid has spent the past weeks flying here and there while I stayed put squeezing every last drop out of summer.  Warm afternoons are giving way to cool evenings and all too soon the leaves will begin to fall.  The gaggle of geese in the cove grows larger by the day and someone recently mentioned football season is upon us.

I say hold your horses fall.  I'm not finished with summer just yet.  There is still a lot of baseball to be played and I haven't kayaked nearly enough.  My thinking is if I don't leave the cottage summer won't end.

The Kid says it won't work.  I have to leave.  We're out of food.

I say, eating is so over rated.




1 comment:

Audrey said...

I'm on vacation next week - and I am going nowhere (well, except for a church meeting and bell practice!). Bobby has a 5-day work week so he will be busy and I can have the house to myself. That hasn't happened for more years than I can count! I'll have to stock up on food ahead of time.