Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Gabers Calling

The other afternoon while I was "busily" working at the gallery, my cell phone rang.

"Hello." Silence. "Hello, hello."

The silence was broken with scratching sounds and gibberish the likes of which I had never heard. Who on earth was on the other end? And why were they bothering me?

And then the light bulb went off....GABERS!


He loves nothing better than playing with cell phones. This time it appears he made a connection.

"Hey Gabers" I called. "Is that you buddy?" More gibberish and scratching.



This rather one-sided conversation went on for a few minutes until I heard a sweet little voice demand, "I want to talk too." Big sister was on the scene. But apparently Gabe held his ground, or his phone, because that was the last I heard from her.

It's not easy carrying on a conversation with an 18-month old child but we managed until I heard an exceptionally clear "who are you talking to?" Followed by a quick "bye, bye." And then silence. The line was dead. Our chat was over. The little man was busted.

No sooner had the line gone dead when my phone once again rang. It was B. "I guess you figured out that was Gabe." "No doubt" I said, "no doubt."


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So cute!