Monday, June 16, 2014

The Rabbit Report

wDaisy_down_under

I am sad to report that the bunnies are gone.

There were five not four.

Early one evening last week I noticed the nest was left uncovered by Mama bunny.  Temperatures were  scheduled to dip into the high 40s overnight.  I was certain they would be cold.

I took matters into my own hands.

Quietly I approached the little nest intending to replace the grace and hay that had been pushed aside.

I inched my way closer. Five pair of frightened bunny eyes watched my every move.

Then suddenly as I reached out towards the nest they bolted.

Five little rabbits running as quickly as, well rabbits, scattered to the wind.

Each one zig zagging across the yard at lightening speed.

And now they are gone.

I hope they are all okay.

I hope they are old enough to make it on their own.

I hope they didn't meet up with the neighborhood fox or coyote.

I hope my guilt dissipates soon.

I hope they stay out of my garden.


1 comment:

Audrey said...

I'm sure they are just fine. And I'd add some protection to the garden!