Friday, July 31, 2015

Friday This and That

wHydrangea_1

As you can see, I still have not figured out how to remove the big bold Flickr from my photos.  I need help with this one. Ben Buddy are you out there?

Yesterday while the rest of the region sweltered we enjoyed a cooling wind off the lake.  A thunder boomer over night had cleared the air of oppressive humidity along with providing a drink for the thirsty ground.  It was a glorious day.  The Kid pointed out that it was actually two degrees cooler in Florida than here but (and it's a big one) the humidity in Florida was twice as high.  I think I'll stay right where I am thank you very much.

On Tuesday the BAA girls had their first summer adventure.  I know, I know, it's almost August and we've only just had our first outing.  We got an early start and when we returned several hours later a table came along with us.  Much to The Kid's relief it will take up residence with my neighbor to the north although we may have to help relocate it to Florida.

My lunch that day was interrupted by a Face Time call from Miss A.  She was excited to share news of her latest "pet,"  a three inch long beetle of some sort.  By the time I got the call our young entomologist had done her research, knew what it was, what it ate and its mating habits.  Her plan was to keep it in her room as a pet and feed it old wood.   Sometimes I think it would be easier to just buy her a dog.

Speaking of bugs, our new old friend Denny provided some "insight" into the biting mutant flies.  Apparently this particular strain was imported from Asia to help control the gypsy moth population.  (Who knew gypsy moth's were ever out of control?)  They do take care of the moth problem but are also as annoying as all get out when nibbling on me.

On a positive note, I have discovered that the little biters aren't early risers.  A morning paddle this week was pleasantly fly free.  Apparently they are teenage flies who like to sleep late,  originated in Asia and bite like.....you see where this is headed don't you?

We have Teenage Mutant Ninja Flies.

I hope your weekend is fabulous, wherever you are.





1 comment:

Audrey said...

And know you know!! Love the pic.. Is that at your house?