Thursday, March 28, 2013

March Madness

I'm not talking about that little ole basketball tournament taking place around the country either.  Although I could be what with the Cinderella darling of the tourny, FGCU,  residing a mere 20 miles to our north.  Folks around here are down right giddy about that formerly unknown team.

What I'm talkin about is the WEATHER.  What happened to spring?   Did it hybernate with the bears and forget to set the alarm clock?  Did it take an extended European vacation and lose its passport?  Seriously, I want to know.  What's up with the weather?

We have lived in south Florida for 17 years (now there's a blog post in and of itself) and this is by far the coldest March we have ever witnessed.  Typically March comes in like a lamb and exits like a playful puppy.  Not this year.  March roared in on the lion express and has held south Florida hostage ever since.

I see those northern eyes rolling.  You have no sympathy for my plight.  But seriously folks, a frost warning?  In south Florida?   On the 27th of March?  Impossible.  Unthinkable.  Unheard of.  Rediculous.  I am more than a little tired of the cold and the wind.  Usually by this time the pool temperature is hovering around the 80 degree mark.  This year?  It is a whopping 62 degrees.

My babies are coming tomorrow.  What's a Grammy to do?

wJump

I guess I'll start boiling water.






No comments: