Sunday, March 17, 2013

Milky Way Distraction


Up.  Down.  Up.  Down.  That's the sad saga of my weight issues.

Last winter intentional & I skipped our way to Down.  Upon arrival intentional took an unauthorized spa vacation & forgot to return leaving me stranded and alone.  I did what I usually do when left to my own devices, began to overindulge and before you can say peanut butter ice cream I was back at Up.

Intentional is now settled in at the spa, addicted to the holistic hot stone treatments & refusing to come home. Looks like I'm on my own.   Every other day or so I begin packing my bags in preparation for the return trip to Down.  The trip requires a lot of prep work as it is a lengthy journey made on foot at a snail's pace.  There is no bullet train or Dreamliner with scheduled stops at Down.

Inevitably there are distractions.  This week it was this.

REE_2523 

Pioneer Woman's ridiculously decadent Milky Way cake.  (Not my photo, hers.  I was too busy indulging in the gooey goodness that is this cake to stop & take a picture!)  This delightful little ditty boasts 11 (yes, you read that correctly), 11 full sized Milky Way candy bars  divided between the cake and the topping.  It is to die for and the return trip to Down is being postponed until the cake pan is licked clean.

If intentional doesn't ditch the spa life soon I'm afraid I'm going to look like this.

wRhinoRear

Perhaps I should seek council with the new Pope.

6 comments:

Life in Color said...

HOPE has arrived dear, I finished the cake today for breakfast! so, you can come home..... The Kid

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Marcie said...

Oh...you made me laugh here. Enjoy the ride - :-)!!!

Audrey said...

I wish I could relate - but Down has not visited me for quite a while! I certainly understand Up -and the milky way cake OMG!! I read the recipe and didn't dare make it. At least you have a partner in crime who helps you eat these indulgences. I am on my own!

Marla Logan said...

HaHa!! That was great!! I never get DOWN anymore! :(