Tuesday, December 28, 2010

A Change of Habit

wWallArt

It is 7:45 in the a.m. and I just rolled out of bed.  This isn't the first time this has happened either.  What is wrong with me?  This is not me.  I am of the wake up before the crack of dawn, sip my coffee in the dark, and savor the quiet variety.  Not the sleep in until the day has matured group.  It's not right.

There is a direct correlation between sleeping late and the "thing" I contracted on vacation.  When I was sick I didn't care.  In fact, it felt rather nice to remain in bed well into the daylight hours; hoping that someone would deliver a steaming cup of coffee to my bedside.  But now, it just doesn't make sense.  And I don't like it.  I don't like it at all.

They say if you repeat something enough times, it becomes a habit.  Do you think I was sick long enough to establish sleeping in as a habit?  If so, how do I go about undoing it?  Should I start setting my alarm if I want to rise earlier?   (That would annoy the heck out of "The Kid.")  Do I train the dog to jump on the bed at the crack of dawn?  Or maybe I should have one of my working friends call me every morning when their alarm goes off.

I could also stop taking the two Tylenol PMs I've been popping at bedtime to keep me from coughing my lungs out all night.  It might be a good place to start.

No comments: