Saturday, March 3, 2012

Fear

wIncoming_egrit

Having lived in tornado country for fifteen years, I know the kind of fear that grabs hold and won't let go when the weather turns unseasonably warm, the sky an eerie blend of yellow and green and the storm sirens begin to wail.  I spent many an hour huddled in our laundry room, in the dark, trying desperately not to allow my fear to spill over onto the two young boys at my side.

Yesterday that fear returned as I sat helplessly in front of the television observing the warning and watch boxes dotting the map.   Huntsville Alabama and Nashville Tennessee of particular concern. You see people that I love very much in this world live beneath those deep red boxes and yesterday their fear was my fear.

Today my heart goes out to those who lost everything.  I cannot begin to imagine picking up the pieces after such devastation.

To my friends and family who lived through it, I love you all.  I'm so very grateful that you are safe.

1 comment:

Marla Logan said...

We LOVE you too!! Thanks!