Friday, March 9, 2012

More Than The Status Quo

wCage_shadows

Taking a photograph every single day is both rewarding and challenging.  Occasionally I reach the 11th hour and suddenly realize I have nothing.  Panic stricken I reach for the camera and begin desperately searching for something, anything, to shoot before the hourglass empties of sand.

I have learned that it is extremely helpful to take a few shots early in the day.  That way if life gets in the way I have something I can use.  Those early morning images not only save me (remember the rule, the photo must be taken on the day it is posted), but often they are diamonds in the rough.  Little treasures that make me smile and bring me joy.  Images that are out of my comfort zone, that tell me I am capable of more than the status quo.

Yesterday was one of those days.

No comments: