Saturday, June 25, 2011

Rain Delay

wRain_delay

Yesterday was a cold and rainy day.  A perfect day for placing pending projects on hold and curling up on the couch with a good book.

Earlier in the week I had urged The Kid off of the farm and into the big city where I secured a library card  from the public library.  It was well worth the $25 fee.  (I'm a non-resident you see.)  After all how many books can you buy in a year for $25?

I love browsing through libraries, touching worn copies of favorite reads and holding them in my hands.  I have toyed with getting a Kindle or other electronic reader but something keeps holding me back.  I guess I'm just old school when it comes to books.

One of my selections was Body Surfing by Anita Shreve, author of The Pilot's Wife.  I spent the better part of yesterday with my nose firmly planted in the middle of the book lost in a world of family dynamics and deceit.  It was the perfect way to spend a cold and dreary Friday.

Oh, and the book was good too.

No comments: