Sunday, April 15, 2012

Early One Morning

wFishing_boat_snook

Early one morning I left the comfort of routine
and ventured out,
into the light of the new day.
I was searching for my muse
who seems to be playing hide and seek with me of late.
I found him among fishing boats heading out to sea,
perched precariously with gulls on pilings,
peering back at me through milky reflections.
And I wondered,
why don't I do this more often?
The answer, I know,
is buried deep
within the comfort of routine,
the safety of the familiar.

3 comments:

Audrey said...

I'm sitting here not knowing what to say. Beautiful writing. Beautiful pictures.

Congratulations on the guest blog at Vision and Verb! What a wonderful blog and how appropriate that you should share there.

Maery Rose said...

I'm so glad to have met you on Vision and Verb. I love the photos from your trip and look forward to returning here.

Life in Color said...

Thanks Audrey. I appreciate your encouragement.

Maery Rose - Welcome. I hope you come back soon.