Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Wheel Watcher

wseagrape

I have become a Wheel Watcher.  There.  I said it.

Recently I read that you only have to repeat a behavior for 15 days and it becomes a habit.  I have been watching Wheel of Fortune every evening at 7:00 p.m. for five weeks.  I think it is safe to say that it is now a habit.  Sometimes I am a whiz at the puzzle board and yet there are times when all of the letters save one are present and accounted for and I still don't know what the darn thing is.  I do however, love to see what Vanna is wearing each evening.  Do you think she gets to keep all of those pretty evening gowns?  I don't think so either.  Why on earth would anyone need 300 formal dresses hanging in their closet?  It's not like she's Oscar material or anything.

Over the course of the past five weeks I have made a few observations with regard to my newly established habit.  Have you ever noticed that all of the contestants have "wonderful" husbands, "beautiful" wifes,  and lovely children?  Seriously what's up with that?  Why can't people just be honest. Yes Pat, I am married to my cheating husband of 8 years.  We have two unruly children and a dog that we can't quite seem to get house broken.  Or perhaps this, I have a wife who used to look like Vanna but she gained 80 pounds after giving birth to our six children and has now let herself go.  That's why my best friend George is here with me tonight.  She's just not good television material.

And another thing, why do these people yell? Is the audience filled with deaf people or senior citiziens? Don't they know that they are attached to microphones transmit their voices all across the world?  Instead they shout, AN M PLEASE, or I'd like to buy a vowel AN A.  And how about when they solve the puzzle...Pat I'd like to solve.  A.   CHICKEN.    WITH.       IT'S.     HEAD.     CUT.     OFF.    Gheesh Louise, I hear you already.


When I get to be a contestant on Wheel I have decided to buck the system.  I am going to speak in a normal voice and tell it like is about my family.  


Heck, I might even be a rebel and whisper.

1 comment:

chicken said...

I am NOT a wheel watcher...but I have been held hostage by the tv before...can't find the clicker? too lazy to get up? That's me! So, I agree with what you say...WHY DO THEY YELL? And...I'll be honest...I hope you only tell tales about your immediate fam...I would HATE for the over 65 crowd of America to be subject to the ear piercing story of '82.
Love you...