Thursday, May 3, 2012

Be-U-Ti-full

wPelican_roost

"It's going to be a Be-U-Ti-ful sunset" he proclaimed.

The Kid had just returned from picking up Chinese take-out and he was in rare form.   For those of you that know him, you've heard it before.  It is his mantra.  It's always a Be-U-Ti-ful something or other.  Day, sunset, morning, you fill in the blanks.  No matter the weather or the number of clouds in the sky it is Be-U-Ti-ful to him.

"Get your camera ready," he stated "as soon as we finish dinner we're going to the beach."

"Seriously," I whined?

I was in slug mode.  Ready to settle in for an evening of Idol watching.  I had my shot for the day, my shower, my book.  I was set.  But he is persistent if nothing else.

"It's going to be a Be-U-Ti-ful sunset,"  he repeated.  Get your camera.  We're going.

And so we did.

The sunset wasn't quite the beauty he predicted.  Thick clouds accumulated along the horizon obscuring the sun, preventing the glorious after glow we love.   But the light was heavenly.....while it lasted.

But most important of all I was forced out of slug mode.  I was smiling and happily clicking away doing what I love to do.

I guess it was a Be-U-Ti-ful sunset after all.

Thanks Kid.  You're the best.




No comments: