Monday, May 21, 2012

Charging My Batteries

Yesterday we a took a break.  A break from cleaning, from removing the old shower, from researching what we  I wish could become of the old bathroom and what is practical, a break from planting and mowing.  A break from chores and all that is involved in the opening of a sixty year old cottage that sits idle for six months of the year.

My body was weary.  My muscles sore.  My arms so heavy that even the weight of my camera seemed more than I could bear.  (Apparently I am in much worse shape than I ever imagined.)

It was time for a day off.

wOn_the_lake

We took to the water, launching the old floater for the first time this summer.  Drifting along with the late afternoon sun warming my face,  with the soft click and whir of The Kid's rod reel finding its mark in the clear blue water and the distant hum of motors from the boats of the other fisherman dotting the lake I found myself drifting off to sleep.

It was the perfect way to charge my batteries.

2 comments:

Audrey said...

Sounds like it was a delightful day off and time well spent.

Maery Rose said...

This sounds and looks so wonderful to me. I need a get away vacation!