Wednesday, June 13, 2012

In Concert

wDownLow

If everybody had an ocean
Across the U. S. A.
Then everybody'd be surfin'
Like Californi-a
You'd seem 'em wearing their baggies
Huarache sandals too
A bushy bushy blonde hairdo
Surfin' U. S. A.


Going to see the Beach Boys in concert tonight.  


I have watched you on the shore
Standing by the ocean's roar
Do you love me, do you surfer girl.


I'm excited.  Can't you tell?


Off the Florida Keys
There's a place calle Kokomo
That's where you wanna go to get away from it all
Bodies in the sand
Tropical drink melting in your hand
We'll be falling love
To the rhythmof a steel drum band
Down in Kokomo


Counting down the hours.


Wouldn't it be nice if we were older
Then we wouldn't have to wait so long
And wouldn't it be nice to live together
In the kind of world where we belong



You can bet I'll be singing right along with the band.


I may not always love you
But long as there are stars above you
You never need to doubt it
I'll make you so sure about it
God only knows what I'd be without you



And She'll have Fun Fun Fun til her daddy takes her t-bird away.


Or until The Kid takes me home.


(Wish you were here Audrey.)















2 comments:

Audrey said...

Wish I was there too!! Have a great time!

chicken said...

you know they are old, right?? Have fun!! Love you!!