Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Sunsets & Football

wSunset_rocks

Have I mentioned that since our arrival at the cottage the sunsets most evenings have been spectacular? If not spectacular then always beautiful (unless it is raining and there is a lot of cloud cover and then they are non existent). But most of the time they are photo worthy. Sunday evening was no exception.

Between football games the kid snuck down to the dock to cast his line and I slipped on the wide angle lens in an attempt to capture a different perspective. We both spent 30 minutes enjoying a beautiful evening and doing the things we love. Together, yet separate. (We are retired now so that last statement is important, and necessary. Very, very necessary.)

On a side note my two teams won this weekend. High fives here for the Auburn Tigers and the one and only Pittsburgh Steelers. Neither won big or pretty but a win is a win is a win. I might also add that I have the most wonderful cable company in the world. I do. Not only can I now watch the Steelers each and every Sunday (something not possible in sunny Florida) but I actually get (drum roll please) , the SEC football channel. Imagine that, the SEC in Big Ten country. This is huge people. It is also a reason to risk becoming a popsicle and sticking it out until the end of football season.

I sure hope our furnace works.

1 comment:

Bethany Patton said...

Guess we both had sunsets on our minds last night! See you Thursday night!