Monday, September 20, 2010

Writer's Block

Of late I have been battling a very strange malady. Anyone who knows me at all will shake their head in disbelief when I tell you that I have nothing to say. I have no words, no opinions, no silly anecdotes of dog or man, no tale to weave of cottage life or sunny Florida.

It is a rare disease for sure. Usually the words well up from within and spill out willy nilly all over my key board. It takes time to gather them up and tuck them safely back inside until they can be rearranged and placed in a sequence that make sense and is entertaining as well. If I wait too long to reorganize, some of the words get lost in the recesses of my mind never to be found again.

Perhaps that is the problem. A lost word or two have become wedged in the recesses causing a blockage of creativity. Once removed, the river will again flow freely and I will return to making sense and entertaining the masses. Which all leads to a second dilemma. How does one go about finding lost words and dislodging them? Do I call a shepherd? The FBI? The Psychic Hotline? And then what? Roto Rooter?

wdocks_01

Maybe I'll just try blowing my nose and see what happens.

No comments: