Sunday, June 27, 2010

Sunday Stroll I

Project 15 - Day 105

Recently I have been contemplating ways to become more motivated with my photography. Give myself a reason to head out the door early in the morning or late in the day. I have come up with a couple of ideas for self-assignments. Photography projects designed to challenge and motivate. I have even considered making them weekly events. Then my sanity returned and I remembered that little commitment problem that plagues me. I don't know about you but I'm certainly glad I caught myself before promising something else on a regular basis. The guilt associated with the failure to preform might send me over the edge.

So here's the skinny...

Self-assignment numero uno will be called "Sunday Stroll." It will work like this: every so often I will get off of my duff, head out the door, camera in hand, to some unknown destination and take wonderfully illustrative photographs of wherever I happen to land. The goal is to post 8-10 photos for each walk that will tell the story of where I have been. These assignments will be posted on...drum roll please...Sundays. (Bet you didn't see that coming did you?) I would like to think I can accomplish at least one photo walk a month, but I'm not making any promises.

With no further ado here is Sunday Stroll I, A Morning at the Esplanade.

In case you are new to the site (I'm always hopeful) or have a problem with short-term memory, the Esplanade is an upscale mixed use complex on Marco Island. There are restaurants and shops on the ground level and outrageously expensive condos on the upper floors. A marina is also located on the premises. It is a lovely place to people watch or enjoy a colorful south Florida sunset.

Welcome to the Esplanade


The Main Entrance


Bow Reflection


Tara's Steak House


Bayside


Keeping Out the Riff Raff


Stop & Sit A Spell


Room with a View


The Bubbler


Hope you enjoyed your Sunday Stroll.

**For those with more than a passing interest in photography all images were taken with a Nikon D300 and either a 50mm 1.4 lens or a 12-24 mm wide angle.

3 comments:

S. Patton said...

I love going for Sunday strolls with you!!!! Great idea :) BTW, love the last picture of the bubbler so much!

Anonymous said...

Enjoyed the stroll. Very nice use of a texture layer on Tara's Steak House. So subltle, that I might be wrong. Maybe it's shot through textured glass? -k-

Life in Color said...

-k-, you are correct on Tara's texture. I also used a texture layer on the first photo as well. Both were Florabella.