Monday, June 7, 2010

When Dragons Fly

Project 15 - Day 85

For the past three or four years our yard has been filled with Halloween Pennant Dragonflies during the summer months. They cling, seemingly by a hair, to the longer blades of grass and gently sway in the tropical breeze.


Just before I sent the D300 in for rehab, (the word on the street is that she's in "the shop" somewhere deep in the hallows of Nikon's service department. I hope they are treating her right), I unearthed my 105mm macro lens from the depths of my camera bag and had a little Dragon Fly photo session. Keeping as still as possible I inched my way closer to this little guy and what do you know, he didn't fly off. He actually hung around for several minutes and posed for me. What a sport.

Oh daddy, what big eyes you have.

But yo feet sure are tiny little things.

Happy Monday.


3 comments:

Emily said...

"WOW" was Emily's comment, she loved the pictures of the dragon fly. "His eyes are so big" Emily's words "I love the dragon fly"

Anonymous said...

Great macros! Love the soft green. Banner photo is one of my favorites. -k-

S. Patton said...

LOVELY (for a dragon fly, that is!) I love your macro bug shots :)