Monday, January 2, 2012

2012: Day One

In honor of the new year and my increasing desire to become more fit,  I paid a visit to the beach early on Sunday morning.  It seemed the right way to start 2012.  I've become somewhat of a slug since returning to sunny Florida. It appears I forgot to pack my determination to rise early and walk five miles when we moved south.

The morning was crisp and clear, Chamber of Commerce weather to be sure.

wBoardwalk

The back-lit and dew covered grasses along the boardwalk were too pretty to pass by.

wWeeds

as were these shadows stretching elongated fingers seaward.

wShadow_palms

At one point I stumbled upon a snowy egret eager to preen and pose for the camera.

wSnowy_Egrit

And how could I possibly pass up this abandoned sand castle;

wsandcastle

or this tiny sanderling foraging at the water's edge.

wSandpiper

I wasn't the only one on the beach New Years morning but our numbers were few.

wBeach_walkers

It is now day two of the new year.  It is 8:03 a.m.   The sun is shining, the birds are singing and I'm still sipping coffee.

Someone please,  boot me out the door!

No comments: