Thursday, January 12, 2012

One Word

wsnowy_preening

There is a move afoot encouraging the selection of a word that will define one's year.  A word to believe in, a goal to aspire to, a focal point for the new year.   One word that holds all manor of possibilities in its grasp.

Carrying one word in the subconscious for 365 days is a much lighter load than dragging around a long list of resolutions in a peddler's sack slung carelessly over the shoulder.  Empty promises that eventually weigh us down with imperfection until they are discarded one by one along the way.  Left on the roadside for self-doubt to pick at the remains of our short comings.

I've given this one word thing a lot of thought recently and have decided to give it a go.  It makes sense on so many levels.  I have selected "intentional" as my word, my beacon for personal betterment in 2012.

Intentional:  Done on purpose; deliberate

There are so many areas of my life that I need to be more deliberate about:  healthy eating, relationships, photography, blogging, budgeting, finishing what I start.  The list goes on.

You're welcome to join me.  Choose a word.  Write it down.  Share it in comments or keep it tucked safely inside.  We'll compare notes in 2013.

1 comment:

Emily said...

perseverance