Thursday, April 22, 2010

Traveling Companions


Project 15 - Day 39

I believe I mentioned a couple of posts ago that we weren't completely aware of our good fortune when we managed to score a couple of cheap nights at the Celebration Hotel. That is until we shared the news of our great deal with friends. They were not only familiar with the hotel (and quite impressed with our rate) but also very high on the town of Celebration. So much so that they invited themselves to tag along on our little adventure.


It all started a couple of years ago when we agreed to try a weekend cruise together. It worked out so well that we did it again... and again. We have even taken a couple of road trips to the Florida Keys together. To say we were delighted that they wanted to join us is an understatement.


Some people just make great travel companions and G & B are the best. We are compatible on all accounts. B & The Kid are always looking for the next great deal and G & I kick back and enjoy the fruits of their labor. They put up with my camera and G doesn't know a stranger. It works out great, when we all tire of talking he just moves on to the stranger sitting on the other side of him. Before long everyone has a new friend. Even in the theme parks it was a marriage made in heaven. G & I rode the rides while B & The Kid sat around and waited on us. (Hey Bobby, if you're out there do you remember those days?)


Now where did these guys come from?


They don't belong in this blog. They look like a couple of escapees from the zoo if you ask me. And they certainly aren't my idea of ideal travel companions. But don't you just want to squeeze those cheeks?

Back to G & B. We have enjoyed our many adventures and misadventures with these two. So much so that I think there is another trip in the planning stages. I'll be certain to keep you on top of the situation. I wouldn't want you to miss it.


Of course this is my most favorite traveling buddy of all. He pays the bills.


And he is kind of cute.

1 comment:

Audrey said...

I'm diggin that Slippery Rock hat!