Thursday, October 28, 2010

1,000 Faces Update: The Three Amigos

You thought I had forgotten all about this little project didn't you?  You were almost right.  I had shoved it back into the far recesses of my mind because I knew that I needed to get out my box and photograph strangers. That hasn't happened.  Not yet anyway.  But I do have images of my good friends Terri, Cindy, & Karol, The Three Amigos.

These three lovely ladies are all wonderful photographers.  After communicating over the net for weeks, we met in person several years ago at a photography summit in Chicago.  Terri, Cindy & Karol knew each other from a year-long photography class they participated in and graciously adopted me into their group.  I will be forever grateful to them.  Not only because I was alone and they took me in, making my summit experience something to sing about; but because I came away from that experience with three new friends.

We have managed to stay in touch over the years.  Karol lives in Nashville.  I get to visit with her quite often.  Cindy calls North Carolina home and Terri resides near Seatle in the great state of Washington.  I don't get to spend as much time with them as I do Karol which was in part what made this trip so special.

Terri

t_2

Terri is a children & family portrait photographer.  She and her husband also team up to shoot weddings.  He serves as her assistant and second shooter and is a terrific photographer in his own right.  Terri is soft spoken, thoughtful, and kind.  During our exhausting week together while some of us were sleep deprived and limping along she was the Energizer Bunny.  She kept going, and going, and going; soaking up every bit information and putting it all into practice by churning out quality image after quality image.  Hats off to you T, you have more stamina than I.  (She's also a lot of fun to be around.)  You can see her work here.

Cindy
wCindy

Cindy is as full of life as her picture indicates.  She too is kind and caring and always has something positive and encouraging to say about the images of others. She is the equipment queen and has more photography gadgets and gizmos than I even knew existed.  (The Kid always worries when I spend time with Cindy, he knows I'll come home with a list of "must haves.")  Cindy is a 4th grade teacher and an all around excellent photographer marrying beautiful landscapes (they are spectacular)  with a blossoming portrait business. Her work can be seen here and here.

Karol
wkarol

Karol is a kind and gentle spirit who produces some of the most amazing floral images I have ever seen.  She was my roomy on this trip and I learned a lot from her and about her.  First and foremost she can sleep through most anything.  Secondly, she is an outstanding back seat driver.  Like myself, there were moments during this workshop that she wondered what the heck she was doing there!  But we learned oh so much didn't we k?  Karol's work can be found here.

Many thanks to these three talented women for taking me in and sharing their time, their talent and their toys with me.  I can't wait until we do it again.  Maybe next year????  Please.

54 down; 946 to go

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That is so sweet Susan. Your friendship enriches my life. -k-