Monday, October 11, 2010

Kiera Grace

The beauty of retirement is flexibility.  Last week I had a date with a an adorable one year old.  We were going to have a birthday photo party and she was going to be the star of the show.  But as tends to happen with little ones, she awoke that morning a little on the "cranky" side.  (Maybe not getting enough sleep the night before had something to do with it.)  After several failed attempts we were able to get a few keepers but it wasn't long before it became apparent our birthday girl was in dire need of a nap.

This is where the beauty of retirement comes into play.  No worries.  I packed up the camera headed off to do some shopping and returned the next morning when Miss Kiera was rested and in a much better humor.  We were on a roll until the arrival of her cousins and the distraction was just too much for our little one.  However all was not lost.  Between the two mornings we managed to get enough keepers to bring smiles to Mom & Grammy's proud faces.

Below are just a few.

wKiera_04


wKiera_10

wKiera_06

wKiera_11

wKiera_09

wKiera_14

Happy Birthday Kiera Grace.




4 comments:

Bethany Patton said...

beautiful. My fav. is #5! See you soon.

Anonymous said...

That does it! I can't go to any portrait workshops with you! -k-

Marla Logan said...

Ahhhh.....how cute she is!!! Great job you did!! I like the last one in front of the window...precious!!
Love,
Marla

robin said...

Simply amazing!! I'll have you know I took these to Wal-mart to get a couple 8x10's and a few 4x6's and they almost would not let me do it because they said they were professionally done and it is a copy write thing!! She did finally let me since there were no initials on them