Thursday, October 7, 2010

Ain't No Sunshine

Where is it hiding?  The sun.  What has happened to that giant orange ball in the sky?  The one that brightens my world by day and warms my shivering bones.  Yes, that one.   It has been raining off and on now for four days.  The temperature has not poked its head above 50 and the couch is well on its way to molding itself into the image of my back side.

The dreary western Pennsylvania weather was welcomed over the weekend when there was football to watch.  I was giddy at the prospect of curling up on the couch with a blanket and savoring a bowl of homemade soup.  My glee was driven by nostalgia and a latent Martha Stewart gene that reared its ugly head and drove me into the kitchen.  If this weather doesn't break soon I am fearful that those sweet new pants I blew the budget on last month will never find their way out of the closet or over my hips.

Today looks to be more of the same.  The layer of grey coating the sky is so dense it would take light years for a single ray of sunshine to penetrate.  I'm already feeling the pull of Martha and comfort food.  However there is hope.  It's trash day.  I figure by the time I bundle up to ward off the cold & rain and trudge the 1/2 mile down the lane with my can I'll burn enough calories to get me through until the sun comes out of hiding.  Maybe.

wIvy

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You need to get out of town, maybe?