Thursday, October 14, 2010

The "Hit" Parade

Before posting photographs to the blog site I upload them to Flickr.  I use Flickr simply as a means to an end.  I have succumbed to the bigger is better mentality and Flickr enables me to post larger photos on my blog.

What I wasn't aware of is how many people out there surf Flickr for their viewing (and possibly thefting) pleasure.  Each photograph has a counter attached that records how many views it receives.  Most of my photos get 2 - 10 hits routinely.  Once in awhile I'll hit the jack pot with a particularly awesome sunset or flower shot and get 20 - 28 views.

While flipping back through Flickr a few days ago I stumbled upon an interesting fact.  One series of photos had a record number of views.  I was amazed.    In fact I did a double and triple take on the numbers.  This series had hits in the high 30s and even a couple in the 40s.  It was shock and awe for me.  So much so that I had to share.    Below is the record breaking photograph.  The one with the most Flickr hits ever recorded (by me).


wJeep3

The Kid's Jeep series is the winner by a long shot and this photo in particular had a record breaking all time high of 42 views.

I think I'm depressed.

1 comment:

robin said...

haha!! Of all the pics to view!! Not that it isn't a good one... but still "a jeep?"