Sunday, February 27, 2011

Birthday Boy

Someone I know has a birthday today.  It is a big one too.  I'm not allowed to say but it involves a zero and a six. How can that be?  Wasn't he just a kid last year?  Oh, that's right he is THE Kid.

He is also my best friend, my biggest supporter and the love of my life.  He is the kindest and most thoughtful person I know.  He is slow to anger and generous to a fault.

He is also psychic. He answers my questions before I have even finished asking them (although not always correctly.)  He doesn't like to keep things around too long. You can translate that to mean he is always throwing things away or giving them away even if we're still using them.  He's the best softball player on the island, or he was until he hurt his knee. And he is a superb travel agent.  He can find the most amazing deals, just ask the family.

He tells really stupid jokes and laughs at all of them, even if no one else thinks they are funny.   He's a wonderful father and a super Pappy.  Children of all ages love him as do women of the senior set.  He spends a lot of time carefully "researching" items before purchasing them.  Around here it's known as "Dougin It."  He has been known to take years to make a decision on what to purchase.

He's a good neighbor and a better friend.  He has been in my life for over 40 years.  (That's a long time, especially in dog years.)  I can't imagine what life would have been like without him.  He's genuine, true and faithful.  He's the real deal.  He's all mine.

wDoug_beach

Happy Birthday Babe.  I love you.

Link to Project 365

8 comments:

Judy H. said...

Happy B'day!!! PS It must be a great day for great mates. Today is John's b'day, too.

Emily said...

He is also a GREAT uncle!!!!!
Happy Birthday Uncle Doug we love you
Emily, JR and Amy

Marla Logan said...

Happy Birthday Kid!!! Just remeber we ARE NOT getting OLDER, only BETTER!! And you my friend are among the BEST!! I am in your fan club, I even think you are funny!! Have a great day.
Love,
Marla

Anonymous said...

A very happy birthday to you!

chicken said...

Happy birthday, Uncle Doug! I teared up when I read this...such a wonderful tribute to a wonderful man! Hope your day has been perfect!

Josh, Kylie, Aila and Liam said...

Tell Doug happy birthday from those of us buried under yet another snow storm in Ohio. Thats a great photo too!

Bethany Patton said...

I like the short shorts:)

robin said...

SIXTY!!!! Wow your OLD big brother!!! I love you too by the way!! Happy Very Late Birthday