Thursday, February 24, 2011

The Magical World of Macro

I can only imagine what my neighbors were thinking.  There I was crawling around my back yard, in my pajamas, on my stomach, at the crack of dawn.  It must have been quite a sight to behold.  What was I doing you ask?  I was exploring the magical world of macro photography.

Macro photography goes hand in hand with impressionistic photography and we all know that I am a fan.  How can I not be when I can get up close and personal with a tiny branch budding on the shrubbery in my front yard.

wBuds

Or check out the dew laden clover that looks like this to the naked eye.

wclover

or this with the right tools and a little practice.

wcloverdrops

I haven't perfected the science yet.  It takes time, and patience, and practice to focus in tight, with just the right selection of depth of field and not shake the heck out of the camera. Blurry, soft pictures are a casualty of the the process.

But if you get it right you can make magic..like the blade of grass below.

wdew_on_grass

or even this back lit scene.

wbacklit_blade

Don't tell The Kid, but I think I'm in love.

Link to Project 365

1 comment:

Bethany Patton said...

I like these shots....