Tuesday, February 1, 2011

No Joy in Mudville

There is no joy in Mudville.  None at all.  I am a woman without car.  My beautiful blue baby that I loved more than.... maybe we better not go down that road. Let's just say I loved her.  A lot.  And leave it at that.  And now she is gone.

wEOS_1

She was sold.  Right out from under me.  It all happened so fast.  One day it was an advertisement in the classified section of the local newspaper and the next day my heart was broken.  I tried to be brave.  I know she had to go for the common good.  But it was just too much for me to bear when the new owner crawled in and and reved up her sweet little engine. The Kid nearly had a stroke prying me off of her bumper as she pulled out of the driveway for the last time...without me.  "Get a grip Susan,"  he said.  "It's just a car."

Just a car!  We'll see how he holds up; the Beast is next on the copping block.

wEOS_2

Oh somewhere in this favored land the sun is shining bright;
The band is playing somewhere, and somewhere hearts are light,
And somewhere men are laughing, and somewhere there's a song;
But there is no joy in Mudville - my little care is gone.

Link to Project 365

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry. I can see it has been traumatic, but your hair is looking good!

chicken said...

I hardly noticed the car...I was checking out the sunshine! Its gray here...thats all...gray...oh...and cold.
and PS? My word verification? Was "trypot" I wonder if you are trying to tell me something...

Audrey said...

The car is soooo cute. I'm sorry for your loss. But I'm with chicken - I can't take my eyes off the sunshine and green grass!