Friday, February 11, 2011

Busted at Lowes

When The Kid announced at breakfast that he needed to go to Lowes to purchase some drywall I was on board in a heartbeat.  (It wasn't quite a heart beat, first I had to shower, and then dry my hair, and then put on a little make-up and finally brush my teeth and try and locate my shoes.  But I was eager to ride along.)  He needed the drywall to patch the holes left by Dan the plumber.  The cardboard he had taped over the gaping wounds on the walls was a little too do it yourself for my taste.

wlowes

On the way out the door I grabbed my camera as I am always in need of a fresh location to snap a few photos.  I had just about worn out the bouquet of daisies I bought on last week's visit to the farmers' market.  I needed something new and exciting.

Upon arrival The Kid headed to the drywall department and I meandered among the outside displays of seasonal flowers.  There were bright red geraniums, miniature panseys and some purple somethings.  I walked and clicked and walked and clicked to my hearts content.

wferns

There was a pleasant young woman hosing down the sidewalk and I stopped to ask if it was okay for me to take a few photographs of her pretty flowers.  She smiled and nodded her approval.  I continuted to walk and click.

And then I headed indoors to the garden center.  I don't think one full minute passes before I heard, "I'm sorry but you can't do that."  "Do what" I innocently replied.  "Take pictures in our store or on our property.  I'm afraid you will have to put your camera away." I argued that I had asked permission from the nice lady outside.  Turns out she didn't speak English.  It didn't matter to me, she had said yes.

whangingbasket

Now will someone puhleaaaase tell me what trade secrets I might be stealing walking around Lowes taking pictures of petunias?  If I had an Iphone nobody would have said a word.  But for some reason a camera with a removable lens is a threat.  I just don't get it.

I complied, after all I wouldn't want to wrestle with their security force or end up in the back seat of one of Naples' finest black and white cruisers.  But gheesh, what is this world coming to?

Maybe one of my readers who was fomerly or is currently employed by the giant box store could get the low down for me.

wpurpledaisy

And then the next time I get busted I'll just tell them Jodi said I could.

Link to Project 365

3 comments:

Audrey said...

Yeah - stores are funny like that. You could be a terrorist - or an industrial spy after all. You have that look about you.

Anyway, I love the new banner!!

chicken said...

I wish I knew...come on up to our store...you can take all of the pictures you want! I'll even get you into the break room! (It pays to know people in high places!)

Marla Logan said...

I'm sure you like someone who wears an orange vest?? a.k.a. Home Depot? Rules, rules, rules!!