Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Victoria's Secret Model

That got your attention didn't it?

I'm afraid you are going to be sorely disappointed when you get a good look at the model for the day. But hey, a girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do...right?  There is no one within 100 miles of me who will agree to be my model, except for k-k-k katy and she's in school.  Even Henna refused my offer of dog treats to sit pretty so I took matters into my own hands and posed for myself.

wSelf_1

I know a couple of people who have begun 365 projects of only self-portraits.  God bless them, every one.

wself_2

It took me over an hour to get these.  I can't imagine doing this every single day and not repeating oneself.

wself_3

In case you are curious, the camera was mounted on a tripod about six feet in front of me.  I had beautiful natural light directly in front and to the right of me leaving only a slight shadow on the left.  

wself_4

One of the hardest things to do was to focus.  I had to set an object in the chair that was about my height, focus manually on it and pray I jumped in at the same spot.  It didn't always work.

wself_7

And then there were the chopped off appendages and disappearing body parts that were completely out of the frame.

wself_6

In the process I learned a bit about posing and what looks good on me.  I photograph much younger if I smile, even slightly.  My mouth has a natural down turn and when I attempted to look serious or thoughtful I only succeeded at looking old and crabby.  (No comments from the peanut gallery please.)

As the year goes on and Project 365 progresses I think you may see more of me.  Not more OF me, but more pictures of me.  I think there is much to be learned by photographing oneself.  Maybe you ought to try it.

wself_5

In the off chance you have a few vermin skulking around the basement that you would like to get rid of, I know where you can get a few pictures that will surely send them fleeing to the neighbors.

Until tomorrow peeps.

Link to Project 365

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You look great! Self portraits are VERY hard to do!

Audrey said...

Nice to see you! Very fun shots!

Judy H. said...

Very good job, S. You have proven to be a good model. I don't think I am that brave, yet.

chicken said...

LOVE!

Marla Logan said...

VaVaVaVoom!!!!