Thursday, February 10, 2011

Wake Up Call

On Tuesday, my Mom arrived.  It is her annual pilgrammage out of the land of ice and snow.  At the ripe old age of 90 I think she has earned the right to bask in the warm Florida sunshine while others freeze their posteriors in western Pennsylvania.

wTaste_of_sunshine

She called me at 5:30 a.m. Monday morning giddy with excitement to inquire about the weather.  I told her that once I woke up and it was actually daylight I would call her back and tell her if the sun was shining.  She was also excited to share that she was flying first class.  A grand new experience for the nonagenarian.  At 5:30 in the morning I was less than enthused about her coup but gave it my best effort.

It is now 6:00 a.m. on Wednesday morning.  I am wide awake.   She is sawing logs.  I think I am going to go wake her and inform her that the sun is indeed expected to shine today.  I wonder if she'll ground me?

No comments: