Thursday, August 9, 2012

Dog Days

wSunset_queen_anne

The dog days of summer are upon us.  Hot.  Sticky.  Long.  The part of summer when ambition takes a vacation leaving only the desire to relax under the shade of a large sugar maple in the hope of catching a snippet of breeze wafting across the lake.

There is the promise of September.  Of cooler temperatures.  Of red and orange and yellow water colors outside my window.  Of frost and pumpkins.  Of closing up and heading south.

I'm not ready for all of that just yet.

And so, I shall sit beneath the sugar maples and wait for ambition to return.  I won't complain about the hot, the sticky and the long if you don't ask me to mow the yard or cook you dinner.

I think that's fair.  Don't you?





1 comment:

Tim Logan said...

What did D cook?