Friday, August 17, 2012

Missed Opportunities

wtoady_2

For over a week I passed it on my way into town.  A farmers field, dotted with white topped Queen Anne's Lace displaying its summer glory.  Scattered among the flowers were large bales of recently mowed hay.  It was an image I wanted to capture but knew I would need an accomplice.  A get-away driver to drop me off and patiently wait with the motor running while I did my thing.

On Thursday evening everything fell into place.  The light was right and the driver willing.  As we approached the field I was planning my angles, which lens I would use.  During this time when inspiration has vacated the premises I was feeling quite inspired.  It all evaporated in a flash, only to be replaced by disappointment.  The field was there.  The Queen's Anne's Lace was there, but the bales of hay were nowhere to be found.

Another missed opportunity.

And so I ask, why?  Why do I do that?  Why do I let the moments pass?  Why don't I act when the time is right?  It only leads to regret.

Regret is a heavy load to carry.


No comments: