Wednesday, July 14, 2010

1,000 Faces Update

Project 15 - Day 121

It's time for another 1,000 Faces update. The Kid's family had a little get-together over the weekend. This side of the family is large in number and they all cringe when the camera comes out of the bag. Why is that? People see me coming and the moaning and wailing begins; followed soon after by the disappearing act. As a photographer I'm beginning to get a complex. As a family member I'm wondering if it was the garlic hot wings I ate.

I didn't catch everyone on Saturday but those I missed need not fret. You will be on my radar in the fall. Below is the first installment from last weekend's picnic.

wJim
Jim

Jim is husband to Robin and an outlaw like myself. He is kind, caring, sensitive and soft-spoken. However I think there may be a stubborn streak hidden beneath that ever present smile. Jim loves dogs, especially Greyhounds. Several times a week he stops traffic while jogging with 4 greyhounds and a beagle...all at the same time. Really, he does. There is video to prove it.

wRobin
Robin

Robin, lil sis, Mom, Grammy. Robin is wife to Jim and lil sis to The Kid, a.k.a. The Dancing Queen (check it out here). She's a nut case; but she knows I love her. She is willful and stubborn, silly and fun and she loves, loves, loves her grandchildren. And they love, love, love her right back.

wEric
Eric

Eric is son to Robin and nephew to us. He is the reserved one in the family...until you get to know him. He has been the happy bachelor for many years. In fact lil sis didn't think he would ever settle down. And then She happened into his life. I've noticed he smiles a lot more now.

wAshton
Ashton

Ashton, the she to Eric's he. The one who makes him smile all the time. Ashton has a tender heart and is sweeter than cotton candy. I have really enjoyed getting to know her this past year and thinks she is definitely the yin to Eric's yang. And I have to tell you she is a great photographic subject. The camera loves her beautiful smile and those big brown eyes. Welcome to the family Ashton.

wMick
Mick

Michael X., Mick, Brother, Dad, Pap. Mick is one of the Kid's younger brothers. He is the family mountain man turned preacher. Mick loves the Lord and has discovered a passion for preaching and teaching in the African bush. He schedules his mission adventures (and they are adventures, you should hear some of his stories), in between his day job and chasing bears out of his front yard. I wasn't kidding about the mountain man part.

wCindy
Cindy

Cindy, Mom, Grandma. Cindy is pioneer woman to the mountain man. She is also the instigator. For as long as I have known her, and that's a long time, she has been up to no good. If you look close there's a twinkle in her eye that is mischief just waiting to happen. Cindy is full of fun and actually enjoys hiding out in the north woods.

wBrad
Brad

Nephews in The Kid's family come in all ages and stages of life. Brad is one of the more mature ones. (And I'm not necessarily referring to age here folks!!) Brad is quiet and shy and looks and acts more like his father the older he gets. He is hard working and like the rest of the males in his family he is a stellar outdoorsman.

wDebbie
Debbie

Debbie is wife to Brad and Mom to Brett. She is hard working and practical. And personally I think she deserves a metal...anyone who can survive in this family for all those years amid all that hunting and fishing and teasing and taunting deserves a metal in my book.

27 down, 973 to go

No comments: