Sunday, July 11, 2010

Sunday Stroll - Pearson Park

Project 15 - Day 118

Pearson Park was established in the late 1950's or early 1960's. By the time my teen years rolled around it housed tennis courts and a community swimming pool. It was the hangout I rarely got to hang out at...pool memberships were not on the priority list at my house in those days. However, I did learn to play tennis on those hallowed courts...or rather I learned to chase a tennis ball.

Today the park boasts 105 acres of picnic areas, soccer and football fields, 3 baseball fields, 6 tennis courts, playground, 2 sand volleyball courts and walking trails through the park. The Hess Sports Complex is contained in the park and offers indoor year round pool and ice skating. Whew, the little park has grown since I last stalked the grounds.

wEntrance

wWaterTowerLight

wpool

welephant

wgazebo

wbunting

wFenceRow.tenniscourts

wsign.flags

wTrail

wDaisys

wjogger

wFlowers






2 comments:

S. Patton said...

Aw, I love Pearson...& I love your pictures of it too. Makes me want to head there now and do all those exercises along the par course. Okay, maybe not the exercise part, but I'd take my camera.

Unknown said...

I like Doug's man purse!
Looks like a beautiful park.