Saturday, July 31, 2010

Cue the Deer

Unfortunately for me, this nasty little bug I've picked up wants to settle in my chest. I feel much better, but I'm trying to avoid too much direct contact with the little ones. Picture big sad face...I miss my cuddle time with Miss A & the G-man.

Do you remember the Chevy Chase movie "The Funny Farm?" He is a big city sports reporter who wants to move to the country to write the great American novel. He does. He hates it. He hates his neighbors. He hates his house and he gets writer's block. He decides to sell and pays all of the unfriendly town's folk to entice potential buyers to purchase his home. It is a hilarious movie and if you have never seen it or it's been awhile you ought check it out.

One of my favorite scenes from the flick is when the naive prospects are approaching the driveway to his home and he radios the neighbors to "cue the deer." A cage is open and two sweet faced white tail are released to romp across the drive in front of the visitors, who are notably impressed.

Well, guess what crossed our path as we were leaving the little red cottage on the first morning we visited? Cue the deer.

wQdeer

I wonder how much the neighbors were paid?

No comments: