Saturday, July 3, 2010

Drive By Shootings

Project 15 - Day 111

I'm beginning to suspect that I might be a little A.D.D., maybe even a lot A.D.D. I can no longer spend hours in the car without some sort of entertainment. The Kid is only good for chatting during the first 15 minutes of the drive. He then retreats into the far reaches of his mind and solves the world's problems. He contemplates things like fixing the energy crisis, surviving on our little island in the event of a complete economic melt down by catching rainwater in the pool, purifying it with rocks and twigs and learning how to start a fire with his bare hands. He also provides instruction on how to drive on the interstate without ever finding the need to use the breaks. I on the other hand believe that since breaks are standard equipment on all vehicles, we ought to just go ahead and use them.

In previous years I would sit contentedly in the passenger seat watching the miles whiz by; happy to be going somewhere, anywhere. Not any more. I wiggle and I fidget. I need something to do. I need entertainment. On this trip I played Warren Buffet. I made millions, 105 to be exact, just sitting at my computer pushing buttons on the slot machine. It's unfortunate that the cash I accrued will not transfer into my bank bank account. It could use the boost and life would take on a whole new world of possibilities. I might even be able to purchase my own cruise ship.

Sometimes I break out the Nikon and do some drive-by shooting. It's a challenge getting sharp photos at 80 mph. I did get a few on day two as we zipped through Virginia, West Virgina and finally Pennsylvania. I thought I'd share them with you. I'm good like that.


Virginia Hay Barn

Power Lines


Tunnel Vision


Alone on a Hill


Allegheny River, PA

I've been wondering, if The Kid finds a solution to the energy crisis, do you think I could buy that cruise ship?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love drive-by shootings. Your are great! -k-

chicken said...

I am so excited that you are home...err...here? Is it weird that I think of here as home for you? Well. It is. Home is here. Because I am selfish like that!
There are more days than not, that I wish we could rewind to the days when Summer meant two weeks with the worlds greatest cousins...and the best aunt and uncle a girl could ask for...

chris said...

I know you took that shot of power lines just for Chet! I'll make sure he sees it.