Thursday, August 5, 2010

Cross It Off the List

Another item has now been crossed off of the "Bucket List."

For as long as I can remember I have wanted to spend a week at the beach in a house that was ocean front. I wanted to sit on the porch in my pajamas, cup of coffee in hand and watch the sunrise. I wanted to listen to the sound of waves breaking on the shore whenever the door was opened. I wanted to be just steps away from a walk on the beach. This week I have experienced all of that and more.

whouse

Do you see that little porch area at the top of the steps on the left? It is the perfect spot to relax with that first cup of java and watch the sun slip over the horizon. Most days The Kid can be found in that same spot catching the late afternoon sea breeze enjoying a cold one. (We do have our vices.)

wdeckview

The pool however, is not as inviting as it looks. The water temperature seems to be stuck in the low 90s providing little relief from the overwhelming heat and humidity of the day.





4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Life can be such a challenge at times. Soooo sorry about the hot water in the pool!

Life in Color said...

It's a travesty, isn't it?

Josh said...

You forgot the most important part of that......you didn't have to watch 10 teenagers.

Kay Carboni said...

I was fortunate enough to grow up with this opportunity. But, I took it for granted until I was an adult. However, the house was not as spacious as the one you are enjoying!