Friday, August 13, 2010

Emily Elizabeth

I believe I mentioned that there was a mountain of photos for me to sort through as a result of our recent trip north. I had several photo shoots with family and friends and have finally had the chance to begin the post processing phase of photography. (Something I enjoy as much as taking pictures.)

Miss E was very excited about her date with the camera, that is until the appointed time arrived. By then she was over it, had other things on her mind and just wanted me to move along and leave her alone. Emily is about as independant a young lady as I have ever met and stubborn as 3 mules. She can also be sugar & spice and all things nice when she's in the mood. She wasn't in the mood.

Emily2010-12-2

I mention all of that because the camera loves this little girl. Because in spite of her less than enthusiastic approach to our time together I was able to capture some pretty amazing shots of Miss E. (And I'm only half way through them.)

Emily2010-7

Between the whining and complaining there were moments of sweetness, of giggles and smiles and little girl charm.

Emily2010-13

Moments of deep thought,

Emily2010-3_S

and moments when you wondered why she didn't enjoy it more. She's a natural. Just look at this expression.

Emily2010-4

She's bright and witty and fun, imaginative, independant and sassy.

Emily2010-11-2

She's our Emily. A little girl who is her own person full of hopes and dreams. A little girl who wishes on stars.

Emily2010-10-2

And we love her just the way she is.


Well, maybe a little less stubborn would be nice.














1 comment:

Emily said...

you are right Aunt Sue I am stubborn, but thank you for the pictures on your blog today. I love you and can not wait to see you again. Emily