Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Today is the Day

Today is the big day. At 11:oo AM, EST we will officially become Snow Birds. The little red cottage on the lake will be ours and I have less than 24 hours to move in and prepare for company. Yikes! Who's idea was this anyway?

wRedCottage_rearview

I pushed for a pre-Labor Day closing and now we are going to find out just how resilient our little house is. With one small bedroom we're planning on housing all 8 of us this weekend...5 noisy adults, 2 active children and 1 very confused dog. We are launching our new life as lake dwellers in grand fashion. Miss A and the G-man arrive on Wednesday, Chris on Thursday and various other family members will be passing through over the weekend. On Tuesday I will collapse, The Kid will dig the For Sale sign out of the garage and we will head back to sunny Florida. Just kidding.

We are scheduled to have internet installed this afternoon. If there is silence here it is safe to assume that the cable company was a no show or the current owners had a last minute change of heart. If the later is the case I intend to punish them by moving all of us into their home while I deal with my grief.

wlakeview

Otherwise you can assume that tomorrow morning I will be sitting here watching the sun rise enjoying my first cup of Joe while waiting for the panic to set in.



4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm holding my breath with you! Break a leg....... or whatever.

Unknown said...

I thought about you all when I woke up at 4 a.m. today! I feel your excitement! Have fun--as I know you will.

Audrey said...

Congratulations! A new adventure about to begin..... Have a great weekend with everybody - and enjoy the upcoming months in your new home - snowbird!

Tim Logan said...

Congratulations to you guys. What an awesome way to break in the new old house.
Pop