Sunday, August 29, 2010

A Fresh Perspective

For some strange reason there are images that gain appeal after they sit on the shelf for awhile (or on the hard drive as the case may be). I am certain the quality of the image doesn't improve over time but rather my perspective. I took the photos below and the one from yesterday a year ago when we visited Pennsylvania on our way to Maine. At that time I found them lacking. Perhaps I was too pre-occupied with the north woods, moose and capturing that illusive perfect image to give these more than a passing glance.

But the past couple of days when I needed a break from post-processing people, I stumbled upon these images from last summer, tucked safely away on a hard drive, filed under travel, PA., right next to Maine. I remember the day. It was late afternoon, hot and humid and I went for a drive. Not too far from my Mother's apartment I discovered a small subdivision in the early stages of development. The empty lots were delightfully filled with wild flowers, Queen Anne's Lace, Rag Weed, Teasel. Soon the car was stopped, the tripod set up, the camera mounted with my Nikkor 100mm macro lens. The heat and humidity had suddenly vanished and I was happy as a clam.

wBeeonFlower
Bee-utiful

I was also happy as a clam when I rediscovered this folder of images. They were just begging for some Florabella texture and some Nik filter applications. The possibilities were endless.

wTiesal
Teasel Town

As are the hours I spend either behind the camera or logged on to the computer content and forever grateful that I have found my passion.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I hear ya! And fortunately, I can also see ya! Beautiful shots!