Sunday, November 14, 2010

Farewell

We will be heading south soon.  Packing our bags and joining the other "snow birds" (you can't imagine how much I dislike that terminology and the fact that I have become one) for our first seasonal migration south.  When I called to make arrangements to suspend our trash service until spring I informed the carrier that I wanted to return the can.

Although I've grown quite fond of it over the past three months the time has come for us to part ways.  Tuesday will be a difficult morning for me, high stepping it down the lane with the bright green can rattling merrily along behind, knowing it is for the last time.

wtrash

I may even shed a tear or two as we say our final good-byes.  But deep down I know it's for the best.  The 1/2 mile trek down the lane each week has taken a toll on its little wheels.  They have become frayed and worn in the short time we have been together.  Its not good for the little fella's health and I can't be responsible for the consquences.

I'm also big enough to admit it just wasn't working for me any more.  I hope the little guy doesn't take it too hard.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Maybe a golf cart next year?

Audrey said...

The golf cart sounds like a great idea to me! Sigh... I already miss the cottage.