Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Green Acres

wtractor

Green Acres is the place to be
Farm livin is the life for me
Land spreadin out so far and wide
Take Marco Island just give me that country side

wAllie_cart_smile

Allie loves visiting the cottage.  She has taken to refering to it as "the farm" and we're perfectly fine with that.  It is a bit like a farm.  One without crops and/or farm animals.  (Unless of course you count Henna.)  But it is out in the country.  We also inherited a few farm-like toys tools when we acquired the place.  Things like a very large lawn tractor with a pull cart.

wtractor_2

The kids love this.  The G-man prefers to ride up front where the action is while Miss Allie is content to bounce along in the rear.

wGabe_tractor

Yes, that is a fishing lure clutched in his sweet little hands.  I'm pretty certain the hook had been removed but you can never be too careful with the G-man.

waxe

On this day there were chores to do.  Wood to chop and move to the house in preparation of a warm fire on what was promising to be a cold night.

wloadingwood

The kids were all eyes watching Dad split wood and load it into the cart.

wAllie_tractor

That's right, you can do it girl.  It's not too heavy.  Just watch out for splinters.

wAllie_Gabe_cart

Doing the happy dance, G-man style.

wGabe_pfhht

Hey Grammy, pffhht.

wAllie_cart

I sure hope my brother doesn't get his hands on that axe.

wtractor_3

Green Acres we are theeeeeerrrrrrre.

5 comments:

Bethany Patton said...

I had to do a double take on one pic...it looks like G is holding the ax. They can't wait to come back up - just a short 2 1/2 weeks.

Audrey said...

Good times!! Great pics!

Marla Logan said...

I talked to B. this morning and told her to tell A & G that I missed them. G-man just said phhtt!! Now that I've seen this pic you posted I think I know how he really feels!? Great Post!! Miss you guys!

chicken said...

I wonder if anyone else is remembering Pap with these pics? They remind me of him pulling us around the backyard!
Looks like they are having fun!
Can't wait til Thanksgiving!!

robin said...

I love having you here! Looking at the pictures (which are great) looks odd as I'm so used to pictures of you and your family with the ocean and palm trees not tractors, wood, fall leaves!!