Monday, November 22, 2010

Traveler's Lament

All my bags are packed, I'm ready to go
Gonna face TSA, and the pat-down show
What decision will I make, I just don’t know.
The agent’s waiting, he's shuffling his feet
Already I'm so nervous I could die

So tell me, what to do
Tell me what choice to make.
Do I take the pat-down or body scan wait
'Cos I'm leaving on a jet plane
What happens if I refuse?
Oh Babe, might find myself in jail

Now my Babe he is wishing
It was him that was flying
Looking forward to the choice to be made.
Does he wow them with his manly physique
Or accept the pat-down and touch on the cheek?
When he comes back he’ll be a violated man.

You’re leaving on a jet plane
You know I’ll fly in your place.
Oh Babe, please can I go?

To the tune of Jet Plane – sort of.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Very clever.

Just went through it this weekend. It's otherworldly. People undressing, dressing, trying to keep track of kids and the valuables left in a crowd of strangers in a plastic tub, while being given commands like you are in a police lineup (I only know this from Law and Order, of course). Whatever the reason for your trip, you start out feeling like some kind of criminal. Ugh!

Then they talk at you in the plane it seems like forever. I especially appreciate the instructions for a water evacuation while en route between Detroit and Nashville. I take that back. There is the Ohio River, and I remember the Hudson R. affair. It could happen.