Wednesday, May 26, 2010

It's Official

Project 15 - Day 72

Summer has officially arrived at mi casa. It has nothing to do with the date on the calendar or the outside temperature. It has everything to do with the number on the thermometer in the pool. Said temperature has now reached the requisite 84 degrees. Let the rafts float and the drinks flow.


(Nice pedicure, but someone, who shall remain nameless, needs to change her shoes once in awhile. Would you look at those tan lines?)

Devoted readers from points north may be shocked at the requirements in sunny Florida for comfortable pool play. But I make no apologies. It is my house, my rules. And I say 84 degrees is the minimum temperature for swimming, 86 - 88 is perfection.


We could partake of the good life year round. But that would require a heater. We haven't yet determined that the amount of use during those cooler months is equal or greater than the cost of the heat.


We could also entertain the use of a solar blanket. It's a no brainer for me. But for some reason it's a no go for The Kid. He talks of storage, and upkeep and maybe...next year. Next year never seems to come so I wait. And wait, for the the mercury to rise. Rise to the required 84 degrees. And then I jump in and proclaim that summer has arrived.

That's just what I did yesterday. And today, tomorrow, and many tomorrows hence forth you will find me right here.

If only I had a pool boy.

Oh wait, I do. Heh Kid! KID. Over here. I could use a refill.

Hasta luego mis amegos.

3 comments:

S. Patton said...

I have a 3-year-old and a 6-year-old who could be your pool boys too!!!! Don't be surprised if we all show up - the pool looks fabulous! Enjoy :)

Anonymous said...

It's a good excuse to say you have seasons in Florida.

Audrey said...

If we had that rule, I don't think we would have ever plunged into our pool in CT. I doubt very much if the water temperature ever rose above the high 70s! Next pool - we WILL have a heater. (but the first step is a next pool - I'm not holding my breath....)Enjoy your summer!!!