Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Magnolia Madness

Project 15 - Day 64

Part deux of the floral follies is all about magnolias. These magnificent flowering trees are 100% southern. As southern as sipping sweet tea on the veranda and Scarlett O'Hara. But you can't think about them tomorrow, for tomorrow they might be gone.

Fortunately for me they were not gone on our recent visit to Callaway Gardens. Their sweet scent permeated the air mixing with the blooming honeysuckle to provide a feast for the senses.

The experience took me back in time, back to the 80s. One of my favorite television shows of all time is Designing Women. (You have to admit it was a great show, big hair and shoulder pads excluded.) I've named my magnolia blossoms after the four sassy proprietresses of Sugarbaker & Associates. Let's see if you agree with my selections.

Mary Jo



Julia


Charlene


Suzanne

So how'd I do?

1 comment:

Audrey said...

I would say awesome and beautiful.