Thursday, May 27, 2010

Parting is Such Sweet Sorrow

Project 15 - Day 74

I have parted with my faithful companion. My beloved Nikon. I packed it up on Monday and handed it over to Brown for safe transport. It hasn't been acting like itself lately and I thought maybe it was time to send it back to the factory for a check-up. I know it's necessary, but dang I hate parting with it, even for a few short weeks.

The D300 is my baby. My buddy. An extension of my right arm. I feel naked and exposed without it. I can't eat. I can't sleep. Yesterday I dusted off the old D70, a girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do, but it's not the same. I miss the rapid fire shooting capability, the 3" LCD screen, the quick response and the way it fits in my hand. I am depressed. Prozac may be my only recourse.

Brown's tracking indicates she will reach her destination today. I hope they take good care of her, clean her sensor, upload new firmware, give her a thorough examination, fix what ails her. Then send her home where she belongs, good as new....tomorrow. Anything else is unacceptable.

In the meantime I shall be brave. I'll use the D70 in spite of its inadequacies and long for the day my baby returns.

In the mean time here's a picture of my other baby for your viewing pleasure.

Now excuse me while I go dry my tears.

2 comments:

S. Patton said...

I'm upset for you!!!!! Fingers crossed that all goes well with your baby (and you while you're apart).
Hang in there!!

Anonymous said...

It's for the best. -k-